Monday 27 October 2008




Started taking photo’s around Cavendish and my kitchen. Have decided to narrow down the idea to just my kitchen and maybe a little bit of the corridor and my room. Thought about the different objects and events that happen in the kitchen, my room and taking photos of each stage throughout the day.
Examples –
Ash tray – I have started to take test photos each half an hour of the ash tray as it fills up during the night. As I only started this at 5.00pm on a Monday. The night is quite and not many people around to take the ash tray to smoke. But tomorrow and Wednesday are busy nights as people are off on Wednesday I will be taking more images of ash tray and different objects.
Drink – another idea that will be trailed out on a busier night. Take a photo at around 5pm of a pretty empty kitchen and then every half hour as the kitchen fills up with people and drink cans/bottles. As it gets later in the night messier and more cans and then silence as the kitchen goes out. Later on the kitchen comes back and is filled with empty takeout boxes everywhere. ‘Stages out a classic night out’
Fridge - I could take a photo of the fridge in the morning, again at lunch and then one in the evening. From this you will be able to view the difference in food as the food decreases in some of the boxes and increase in other as some people may go shopping in the day
A cup – following around a cup for the day or week, one cup and following it around the kitchen as more people use it and put different drink in to it. See if it every ends up in the sink and gets washed or stayed there forever. This could work with various objects such a fork, plate, pan ect.
Quotes- sitting in my room last night and a person went past saying ‘I have grass growing out of my feet’. I thought it would be interesting to have these quote in somewhere within the video. This would work best if I could recorded the voices but as I don’t know when the people would go past or if it would be interesting/funny so it wouldn’t really work. I might take a recoding in the kitchen and use it as background sound to the video.

No comments: